25 Enlightening Rumi Quotes To Teach You To Trust Yourself
Of all the great poets and masters, Rumi has a way of speaking to people at their centers that few others can rival. His teachings ring with compassion and love, and for many, have shown a way to find their way through dark times.
Consider each of the twenty-five teachings below, in which Rumi taught how love finds a way.
1) The wound is the place where the light enters you.
2) There is a voice that doesn’t use words, listen.
3) Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere, they are in each other all along.
4) Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world, today I am wise, so I am changing myself.
5) What you seek is seeking you.
6) In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.
7) Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
8) Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.
9) If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?
10) If you find me not within you, you will never find me. For I have been with you, from the beginning of me.
11) Love is the bridge between you and everything.
12) Why are you so enchanted by this world, when a mine of gold lies within you?
13) Everyone has been made for some particular work and the desire for that work has been put in every heart.
14) It’s your road and yours alone others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
15) Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.
16) Stop acting so small, you are the universe in ecstatic motion.
17) Be patient where you sit in the dark, the dawn is coming.
18) I know you’re tired but come, this is the way.
19) These pains you feel are messengers, listen to them.
20) Your heart knows the way, run in that direction.
21) Know that one day, your pain will become your cure.
22) Raise your words not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers not thunder.
23) Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.
24) Actually, your soul and mine are the same, we appear and disappear in each other.
25) The universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself, everything that you want you already are.
*This content was inspired by an amazing article that can be found here.
Written by Matt S.