Did you know that a child’s brain tends to absorb much more radiation than the brain of an adult?
Along with a team of scientists from the Department of Physiology and Cellular Biophysics at Colombia University, Dr Martin Blank has now made an international appeal to the United Nations regarding the hazards associated with the use of devices such as WiFi and cellphones which emit electromagnetic signals.
Several studies have already been conducted and they show that exposure to cellphone radiation can cause cancer. Moreover, the The International Agency for Research on Cancer has also classified certain emissions, including those from cellphones to be carcinogenic.
These risks got a lot of attention by the mainstream media when the World Health Organization declared that cellphone radiation does cause cancer. They based this on a statement that was signed by a team of 31 scientists from 14 different countries who studied evidence for the same.
This has become even more concerning since the brain of children tends to absorb more radiation than the brain of adults.
Check out the video below that featured Dr Devra Davis- a well-respected and credentialed researcher who is aware of the dangers of cellphones among other things.
… [A] cellphone is a two-way microwave radio,’ Dr. Davis explained.“Industry has fought successfully to use the phrase ‘radiofrequency energy’ instead of microwave radiation. Because they know radiofrequency energy sounds fine.
Everyone’s aware of radios. Everyone needs more energy. Collectively the term makes sense. But what most people don’t realize is that it is actually just another word for microwave radiation. If they realize that they are holding a two-way microwave radiating device near their brain and their reproductive organs, they might have different thoughts about it.
If you’re a parent and this post is getting you worried, here’s a little help.
Things You Can Do To Limit Your Exposure & Why You Shouldn’t Worry
Until things start to get better in industry, parents have the responsibility to keeping their children safe. To minimize the risks of negative exposure of these radiations to your children, here are a few steps that you can implement.
- Avoid letting your child use a cell phone unless there’s a life-threatening emergency of some kind. Have a rule and avoid having your kid use any wireless device unless absolutely necessary since kids are far more vulnerable to radiation than adults are, mostly because they have thinner skull bones.
- As an adult, you too, keep your cell phone use to a minimum and turn off your cell phone as often as you can and use it only for emergencies or important matters. As long as your cellphone is on, it emits radiation, even if you are not using it.
- Eliminate or atleast reduce the use of any wireless device- just as with cellphones, ask yourself if it is absolutely necessary for you to use them.
- Stick to using cellphones in areas with excellent reception because the weaker the reception, the more power needed for your phone to transmit, and the more power it needs, the more radiation it emits. This radiation then penetrates inside your body. This is why, it is best to use your phone in reception areas with full bars.
- Avoid carrying your cellphone close to you and do not sleep with it under your pillow or under your head. Put it in your purse or carry bag. Placing it in your bra or shirt pocket or even in the pants can prove to be harmful.
- If you are in a meeting or a public transport, try to keep your cellphone turned off for the consideration of secondhand radiation effects. If you’re using your cellphone, others around you, especially children, can be affected too.
Tips for Avoiding Dirty Electricity Risks
In addition to the above, here are a few tips to avoid dirty electricity risks and keep yourself and your children safe.
- Avoid using laptops by directly placing them on your laps.
- Avoid using CFLs. Replace them with incandescent light bulbs.
- Replace your WiFi router with ethernet cable.
- “Avoid using laptop computers on your lap.
- Switch out compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs for incandescent light bulbs.
- Consider replacing Wi-Fi routers with Ethernet cables.
- Avoid using electric heaters, blankets and water beds.
- Avoid using any electric appliances near your sleeping area. Switch to battery operated devices.
- Stand a few feet away from your microwave oven when it is in use.
- Consider using shielding devices to reduce EMFs from cellphones, landline speaker phones and cordless phones.
- Make it a point to walk barefoot in the grass or sand. This practice, also known as earthing or grounding can absorb the negative ions from the ground into your body, which can help reduce stress hormones and inflammation.
- Make use of beeswax candles and Himalayan salt lamps in your home which can absorb EMFs from the air. These devices can emit negative ions into your home which can purify the air and kill the bacteria in it.